- Salary: US$60,000
- Candidate MUST be a very passionate individual who would want to gain a "Chef's Hat" for the contemporary modern Australian restaurant
- Strong career progression on offer
- Candidate MUST have a passion for using local produce
- Candidate MUST have Australian Residency or Valid Work Visa
- Remain fully in-charge of lunch and dinner
One of Australia's leading hotel companies is searching for a highly experienced and trained Sous Chef. The candidate is supposed to oversee the activities of the kitchens division with multiple and exquisite food and beverage facilities based at their hotel in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position aims to offer the best and elite food and beverage service to the guests.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong working background within a multicultural environment and be responsible for budgets and cost control, recruitment and development of the kitchen team, HACCP Health and Hygiene monitoring and maintenance as well as remain highly creative in designing eclectic menus. Candidate MUST have strong knowledge of modern Australian cuisine and have a passion for using local produce.
- Must have Chef's Hat or signature outlet experience and apply the same passion in helping the contemporary modern Australian restaurant gain a Chef's Hat
- Able to develop new menus regularly and train a medium-sized team
- Extensive knowledge of modern Australian cuisine is essential
- Manage outdoor caterings and functions
- Provide supervision, training, direction and leadership to all kitchen staff
- Ensure smooth operation in the kitchen areas
- Monitor all the food preparation
- Should be in control of purchasing, receiving and storing
- Ensure the highest level of food safety and security
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- Should be HACCP certified