- Based in Melbourne
- Salary: $100,000
- Candidate MUST have worked for high volume signature restaurants within 5 star hotels or resorts
- Candidate MUST have the right to Work in Australia
- Exceptional career prospects on offer and transfer within group-wide properties to become the next Food and Beverage Director
As Executive Chef of this exquisite venue, you will have a passion for fresh and seasonal food and will have the skills and knowledge to design and implement a modern Australian menu. Utilise local produce in the best manner and offer dishes that showcase a true reflection of the region.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will have full control of the kitchen and your team. You will be responsible for training and developing a team of chefs, stock-take and ordering, cost control and budgeting for the kitchen and of course preparing and serving top quality dishes. You will also remain in-charge of weddings and functions at the venue for up to 150 pax.
Ideally you will have worked in a similar style venue with a resume showing a stable work history. You will have a good understanding of modern Australian cuisine and possess bountiful levels of flair and imagination offering the guests a memorable experience.
- Minimum 10 years' chef experience is essential
- Must have signature dining experience
- Must have strong knowledge of Modern Australian food style
- Must have hands-on attitude
- Work closely with the Front of House team and management to develop new menus and promotions
- Small kitchen operations with team of up to 15 and functions for 150 pax
- Manage a very high revenue generation centre which has a strong focus on weddings, corporate events and outdoor catering as well
- "Eagle-eyed" attention to details
- Able to implement policies, procedures and HACCP standards
- Greet customers and explain them about the cuisine
- Have immense passion for maintaining high quality of food with exceptional presentation skills
- Be responsible for stock take and ordering, cost control and budgeting for the kitchen
If the above sounds exciting and like the next challenge for you, please click the Apply Now button and attach a full and detailed CV.